Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting Issue In Conditional Reporting !

Hi All,

I am finding difficulty while sorting metrics in  Conditional Reporting, Expression field in Sort tab is not active when we select metric field.FYI please find below images.

Screenshot (18).png

Screenshot (19).png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid you're misunderstanding the sort by expression option. When you enable that option you're supposed to enter an expression in the input field below that option. You can enter only one expression there. It does not have to be an expression that you're also using in the table as a column.

What I think you to want to do is sort by an expression column. For that you can simply promote the expression columns to higher priorities.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid you're misunderstanding the sort by expression option. When you enable that option you're supposed to enter an expression in the input field below that option. You can enter only one expression there. It does not have to be an expression that you're also using in the table as a column.

What I think you to want to do is sort by an expression column. For that you can simply promote the expression columns to higher priorities.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

By using expression sorting it should work perfect.

Can you send reduce file of particular chart.

Regards

Vimlesh

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert,

Promoting particular expression is working for me.

Regards,

Janaki