Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting Issue

I am trying to sort a column based on another column. I have 2 shifts one that works 7 am to 7 pm or 19. the other starts at 19 and works to 7 AM. The day starts at 7 am

Production Date 6/15/2009 Shift A - 7am to 19

Production Date 6/15/2009 Shift C - 19 to 7 am on 6/16 system still thinks it is 6/15

So I have a Pivot table that breaks production hour by hour. My problem comes with the second shift. I was sorting on Shift Hour. But once that midnight comes the report then put 0 at the top 0 at the top of the shift. So it looks like this:

I created a field called SortHour in the SQL statement and pull it over and what is does is the shift hour is the Sort hour with the exception of 0 and 6 and those are 25, 26, 27 etc. So in the sort of the table I used expression and place sorthour but it does not seem to work. Any idea's you may have would be greatly appreciated.

SPace

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think the approach is correct. Likely the problem is in the way you're using it in the pivot table. To make sure, see if you can sort correctly by hour using your expression in a list box or straight table.