Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting a graph on grouped date

I have a graph that shows a grouped date along the x-axis (either Month-Year or Qtr-Year). The values are showing up out of order. I have tried a bunch of different sorts, but none of them are working right. Do you have any idea how I can get this to sort correctly?

So, the x-axis is showing Jul-2010, Dec-2009, May-2010, etc.... I would like it to show in order by the year and then the month (or quarter).

So, I would like it to show Jan-2007, Feb-2007, ....... Jan-2008, Feb-2008.........., Jan-2009, Feb-2009, etc

I am new to Qlikview and am not sure where to start to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Naomi

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the properties of the graph, sort, promote the date dimesion to the top, uncheck everything (including for all other dimensions), check the load order box (original)

Not applicable
Author

I should have mentioned that it is using a field that is already a combination of the Month-Year or Qtr-Year. It is not an actual date field.

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

have you tried this?

go to the sort tab

mark the "sort by expression" check box

insert this expression:

=Year(yourDateField)*100 + month(yourDateField )

(or if you have already the fields for Year and Month you can use them in the expression.

usuely when i create a master calander table i include a field with this expression right from the script and call it Sort and then i can use it in the Expression of the sort tab in any object.

of course this will only work if all your different date fields are based on the same base value

Mansyno