Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting in Pivot Table

Please , Can anybody sort this Pivot table.

I need to Sort the First Dimension by A->Z

Second dimension by the 'Y' Axis or the expression column in the pivot table,

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Normal 0

Should be able to right hand click on the pivot table select "properties" then go to the sort tab. It allows you to sort the dimensions and the expressions. If you want to sort by expression, make sure to check "expression" then put in Sum("sum([01])"+"sum([02])")

Let me know how it works out.

Not applicable
Author

I tried this, it doesnt work.

Because the expression used in the sort options are not calculated based on the first dimension. It calculates irrespective of what ever is in the first dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Can anybody solve this sorting issue.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I haven't tested this and this may be a long way around but you could try this.

In your edit script add this mid(MMIR_GEO_NAME,11,5) AS MMIR_GEO_NAME_NEW

Add a table name to the top of your load statement

Table1:

Load

Then load all your fields in a resident table and do an order by statement. Then in your pivot table sort by your expression..

Like I said untested but this my help.

Not applicable
Author

did anyone manage to find a solution to this? it's making me consider another BI tool or go back to Excel...

Not applicable
Author

FYI: three years later, it remains broken in QlikView 11.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you just pretend Pivot Tables don't exist in QlikView it becomes a much better tool.  The pivot table is a crude short cut to something that could be much more visually appealing and more productive using QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Ha!  I appreciate your candor.  The problem of course is that when you need a crosstab, you need a crosstab.  I can sometimes work around these limits with elaborate expressions: "Sum(IIf(Dimension = X, Metric, 0))" in one column, "Sum(IIf(Dimension = Y, Metric, 0))" in the next, for example.  What really makes me cringe is trying to explain this to semi-technical business users.  I'm trying to sell them on a new tool, but every other sentence is "now the catch here is...".  Painful.