Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manisha_uit
Creator
Creator

Sorting in drill down chart

Hi,

I have a drill down chart - the dimensions used are Month -> Reject Type -> Date -> Item

Currently it is sorted by Month

But my user wants all the dimensions to be sorted separately like:

Month -> Jan, Feb, Mar......

Reject Type -> desc to asc

Date -> Oct-01, Oct-02, Oct-03.......

Item -> desc to asc

Is there any option where i can customize the sort order for each dimension?

Thanks

Manisha

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

did u make group for that right.......if u edit that group then there is an option for Sort Order...just check....& select Dimension & apply sort order for that particular Dimension..

manisha_uit
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yeah i've tried doing that...

The sort order which i've used are:

Month -> Expression to sort it by months

Reject Type -> Frequency

Date -> Numeric value

Item -> Frequency

But no effect on the graphs

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

Edit that group then there is an option for Sort Order...just check....& select Dimension & apply sort order for that particular Dimension..

Use Month -> Load Order ascending

Reject Type -> Text Z-A

Date -> Text Z-A or load order asc

Item ->Text Z-A

Hope that helps

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable

You might be experiencing the same thing I just fought through, it was not enough to set the sort order for each attribute in the Drill-Down Group only.  I also had to deselect the chart itself from sorting on the Y-value.

Chris

Not applicable

To reflect sorting on a drill down dimension, you have to first remove the sort applied on the group itself, then drill down dimensions will start reflecting.

Go to Chart Properties --> Sort Tab ----> select dimension ---> uncheck all sort by ----> OK

then

Go to Chart Properties --> Dimension Tab ---> Edit Group button ---> Edit button ---> Sort Orders button ---> Select a field and opt your sort.

panwipa2528
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you for your help. That's correct for me.