Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Source and User document folder

Hello QV experts,

I have two doubts in my mind. Please help me out to get the answere.

1. If i change any document in User Document folder. will it reflect directly to Accesspoint without publishing it...?

2. Is there any why to know which folder is source and which folder is user document folder.

Regards,

Sushil

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Sushil,

Yes when you have the publisher, what so ever documents are there in user document folder will be published. So if you change anything that will reflect in access point, provided you have done that setting in the application.( under Document properties -> Server Tab)

Now answer to your second question is that, you can go to qlikview enterprise management console and check which folders are set as source document and which as user document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Kaushik,

thanks for reply,

still have doubt for second question.

I have checked the QMC, there the path given for source folder is the folder which i am able to access..

But whenever i do any change in this folder it directly reflects to accesspoint.

according to qlikview architecture i am guessing it should not behave like this. any change in source folder should not reflect in the Access Point..

---------------------------------------------------------------- My senario is below-------------------------------------------------------

In the QMC under source documents the path given is  \\xyz\qlikview\QlikView Documents\abc

and i have opended this folder and did the changes in file and it is reflecting to AccessPoint without publishing.

Regards,

Sushil

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Make sure that the same folder is not under User document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Name of the folder is same...

but i am not sure about the same folder is under User document as i dont have access to server.

Kaushik, one quick question..

If i made change a qvw file in Source Document folder. does that change will reflects on Access Point without publishing.?

Regards,

Sushil

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Dear Sushil,

No, what ever document you have under source document are not accessibile over access point. So if you need them on access point you need to move them to User document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki