Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Split weeks

Does anyone have any solutions to fixing split week issues?

I have a table that has forecasts by week..... (i.e 9/1/2014, 9/8/2014..etc) but when the week is 9/29/2014, it only shows forecast for the monday(9/29) and tuesday(9/30).. so the data for wed(10/1),thurs (10/2), and fri (10/3) does not get recorded...

any solution on how to go about this issue?

6 Replies
arniewolff
Contributor III
Contributor III

This sounds like a problem in your selections: if you've got September selected, it would filter out the October dates just as you described. If that's not the case, can you share an example?

Not applicable
Author

But if I want to know how much I made in Week 39 (9/29/14 - Monday date), it should give me the amount that I made that whole week regardless of whether half of it is in September or October... or at least that's how I would like to see it

arniewolff
Contributor III
Contributor III

Does your time dimension include the first few days of October in Week 39? Have you selected both September and October from your months or cleared the months selection?

MarcoWedel

Please post sample data and QVW.

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

i agree its possible and just depends on the data model as well as the context

here is an example whose context depends on whether a monthly context is added to the weekly context

You can see 2 pivot tables below for the same weeks. the first though has month as well. when the week splits from 3/28-> 4/3  , only the march values show because there is a march context.  but on the right, the same week includes the values from 4/1 and 4/3 to give a different week total.

Capture.PNG.png

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III