Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stacked Bar chart wrong total

I'm using the same measure for two charts and it represented in a different way. For example, I see 620 for chart 1

2015-07-24_13-37-32.png

and +677 and -57 for another

2015-07-24_13-39-25.png

People are catching different numbers from that charts.

Please advise how to remove negative and positive values separation

Message was edited by: Yuri

5 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you please provide sample data or application?

Not applicable
Author

Added to topic

Not applicable
Author

from the example you sent, it looks like the negative values in the charts containing the 2 dimensions are what is causing the diffence - If you take the negative numbers into account, the appear to match the bar charts that are only using the date dimesnion.

It appears when you select values on data point, it has 2 values - positive and negative - the 2 added together provide the correct total result

If you use a fast change to a pivot tabe for the object containing the 2 dimension and show subtotals, you will see tghat the numbers match to the bar chart on the bottom

Not applicable
Author

I know. So people 

• will have ready to use number for dates w/o negatives
  • or must calculate if it is

too complicated for end user

Not applicable
Author

You can submit a case to Qlik and let them know that when negative numbers are involved the data points are at both positive and negative and does not reflect the true total.

for the mean time, you can use a fast change to a pivot and they can see that the numbers are the same

or possibly try using the absolute value in the expression - that would possibly remove the negative issue