Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Star schema is better in Script Run time

Response time is good in Star schema which I can understand (in the calculation process because of too many joins slows down the response time)

But it also says Script run time is excellent in Star schema but good in Snow Flake. Can some one please provide an example for this statement why the script run time is excellent in Star schema?

5 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Can you clarify where the image comes from?

I assume measurements like this are based on actual data, so it would be easier to evaluate the conclusion if the context is known.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"Qlikview Best Practice Guidelines Development". If you search in google with this text, you get a qlikview community link. From that, I have downloaded this document.

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Please provide the direct link, so that we are sure to be looking at the same PDF.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Best Practices for Data Modelling

I got the document from this forum

marcus_sommer

These table comparing various approaches to build a datamodel is a simplification and it will always depend on your real data which approach is more suitable - and quite often you will have no pure datamodel in this or that direction - they will be rather a mix.

Nevertheless the statements of this table show in the right direction.

I think the difference between good and excellent in the script run-times will be caused through the efforts to create the necessary link-table(s) which are additionally in this case.

- Marcus