Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Stock value

Howe is the best way to save stock value ?

I have a lots a of parts whit quantity and value in a txt file thats loads into qw.

so i can calculate the stock value... quantity * value and take the sum of that .....

But now i wont to compare the stock value from month to month, veek to veek. or day to day depend of the file size of qw grows

So i want to save the Date(Today), partsnumber, stockvalue evry (month, veek or day) in qw (or txt file to load).
Can somboby help me too explan howe too do that the best way

/ Leif

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can somone help me too save same calcultated values too a table (file) som i can compare stoch value per date.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Store the history in a qvd file - it will save and load much faster than a text file. If the data set is large (millions of rows), then you may need to use an incremental load approach. You could check out the reference manual for "incremental loading" or search here.These blog postings should help

Get started with developing qlik datamodels

Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel

More advanced topics of qlik datamodels

Also make sure that you add a calendar to your model. This will make both the selection and the expressions for this analysis much easier. Search here for "master calendar" for more information. The following will also help:

How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values

If you would like more specific help, I suggest you provide more information about your data model and preferably, upload small sample qvw and/or xlsx files.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein