Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table Sorting Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with the sorting in my straight table- everything works normally as long as I do not use an expression in the 'background color' of my expressions or dimensions.  However, if I do add a background color expression to either the table dimension or any of the expressions, suddenly the sorting does not work at all.

Regardless of whether interactive sort is checked or not (and the priority of the expressions in the sort list), the sorting for the chart completely ignores everything except the dimension sort order.  In other words it becomes impossible to sort by any of the expressions (interactively or otherwise).

Using QV11SR2.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--Ben

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ben

This sounds very much like a bug to me, I'm not at a workstation to check it myself but I would guess you should report this to support, you never know, there might already be a patch available to fix it.

Email support@qlik.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ben,

Are you using conditional show for expressions?  We have sorting problem in straight tables with conditional expressions.

Not fixed in QV 11.2 

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Actually there are no conditional dimensions or expressions in the chart, they all show all the time.

I have just discovered that the problem only occurs when I use the RowNo() function in the background color expression.  I need the row colors to alternate though so that doesn't really solve the problem for me.

Regards,

--Ben

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the suggestion Nigel.  Unfortunately, it appears "Support no longer take Emails to open support tickets"....

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I don't know if you still have this problem.

We also had it (QV 11 SR2) and we found a small tip to make it works. When you save the qvw file, be sure to display all the columns (by selecting all of them). If we forget one or more columns, the sort on the table won't work...

Hope it helps

Damien

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Damien,

Thanks for the tip, good to know.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Can you provide links to some documents regarding the sorting order issue. I am facing the same issue when I try to sort a straight table with conditional dimensions and expressions.

Regards,

RD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not aware of any documents about that, sorry.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Can you provide me a brief description of the bug? I am facing problem in implementing a custom sort on a straight table with multiple conditional dimensions/expressions. I need to know if this is due to the bug that you referred to.

Regards,

Rajdeep Biswas