Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Straight Table Text Formatting

G'day again everyone - Another text formatting question.

I have attached a QVW so you can have a look at what I am trying to achieve here since it would be very hard to explain it without a visual aid. I will upload when I can figure out this permission error...

In our report we use ~50 expressions, but this sample sheet only uses a few. There are some fields that have been intentionally left blank, usually with an expression like =' ' to make sure there is nothing shown in the cell.

The problem I am facing is I don't want the expressions to all be bold. Only a few select ones. For example [Profit Loss Implact], [Revenue Impact] and [Total Revenue Impact] I want bolded, but the rest I want left normal.

I hope this is possible because using a straight table with ~50+ expressions bolded isn't pretty on the eyes.

Note: We are using it horizontal deliberately, if only it was that easy...

13 Replies
larsc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

It is in version 9. Download and take a look at how this is solved. It is one of the sample applications installed with QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately I am on 8.5 and won't be on 9 for a while. 😞

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kieran,

have you been able to find a solution yet? This would be very useful ...

Thanks & Cheers, Lukas

Not applicable
Author

Not a viable solution sorry.

Our current workaround is to use a messy pickmatch but the performance of the table using a 37 value pickmatch statement is very freakin' messy and slow.