Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III

Straight table Column with no data ?

Hello,

I have the Straight table as shown below;

Screenshot (5).png

I am using Cost Code, Cost Area as Dimensions and Value, Value (USD) as expressions.

Expressions:

Value = Value

Value (USD) = Value_USD (Value/Currency_Rate as Value_USD in my script)

Why I am not able to see any data for Value (USD), Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong here?

thanks

Bhavesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check that Project_Cost_Currency_Key is unique in the Currency_Rate table. And/or check the NoOfRow('Project_Cost') value with trace statements before and after the join. I am pretty sure that the join is doubling the rows.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

8 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you do like below and if possible can you share a sample to look into?

= Sum(Value)

= Sum(Value_USD)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Else, Use this feature as this enable for Straight table

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are doing this calculation in script, I suggest that you upload the relevent script portion.. Otherwise its just guesswork.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I did change both the expressions to Sum(Value), Sum(Value_USD) but my values are doubled when I do that Capture.PNG

bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As shown in the image below, my values are doubled when I do Sum of rows feature.

bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Jonathan, I am creating my table with Cost Code, Cost Area as dimensions and Value, Value_USD as expressions. This is the Calculation I am doing in Script;

Project_Cost:

Load Project_Number &'-'& Region &'-'& if (match(Country_Name,'US','UK','Canada')>0, Country_Name, Capitalize(Country_Name)) &'-'& Snapshot_Date as Project_Cost_Key,

if (match(Capitalize(Country_Name),'Germany','Belgium','France','Italy','Spain','Netherland')>0,'Europe',if (match(Country_Name,'US','UK','Canada')>0, Country_Name, Capitalize(Country_Name))) &'-'& Year(Snapshot_Date) as Project_Cost_Currency_Key,

Cost_Code,

Cost_Area,

Value,

Updated_OEC_Budget

FROM

(qvd);

left join (Project_Cost)

LOAD

if (match(Capitalize(Country_Name),'Germany','Belgium','France','Italy','Spain','Netherland')>0,'Europe',if (match(Country_Name,'US','UK','Canada')>0, Country_Name, Capitalize(Country_Name))) &'-'& year(Snapshot_date) as Project_Cost_Currency_Key,

Currency_Code as Project_Cost_Currency_Code,

Currency_Rate as Project_Cost_Currency_Rate

FROM

(qvd)

where Month(Snapshot_date)='01';

Project_Cost1:

NoConcatenate Load

Value/Project_Cost_Currency_Rate as Value_USD,

Updated_OEC_Budget/Project_Cost_Currency_Rate as Updated_OEC_Budget_USD,

Resident Project_Cost;

drop table Project_Cost;

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check that Project_Cost_Currency_Key is unique in the Currency_Rate table. And/or check the NoOfRow('Project_Cost') value with trace statements before and after the join. I am pretty sure that the join is doubling the rows.

bhaveshp90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Jonathan, you are right it is not a one-to-one relationship. I have missed another condition in the joining.

where Month(Snapshot_date)='01'

and Currency_Ref = 'USD';

Thank you for your explanation