Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidAinsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Strange Data Anomaly - csv script import

Hi there,

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

The attached file contains 3 rows of data, separated by a semi-colon (;), the first row is the headers then there are two rows of data.

When I import this data the Load process only seems to identify a single row of data and not two rows.

how can I troubleshoot this issue and correct the script load process so it works?

Cheers

Dave.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

all you need to do is to change the Quoting from MSQ to none 

see attach image 

quoting.png

DavidAinsworth
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good morning

Thank you for your assistance with this issue, choosing the supplied settings worked with the file example.

I have attached a further update to the file example, which contains a few further rows.  The selection of None for the Quote symbols seems to have a problem with other data which is contained within the file.

What would you recommend?

Cheers

Dave

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi 

it seems this actually a XML file there is a lot of desgin stuff in the file not data 

it's not really a csv of a table, 

so i don't think the problem is the Quoting , 

if the file is an xml or html it's different story and you will need to write  a code to transfer the data into a table 

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The problem is the embedded HTML containing line breaks in line 5. The quoting rules from delimited text files do not include the line breaks, so each line break starts a new line, regardless of the quoting option. I could not find a way to override this behaviour. Can you suppress this column when you generate the CSV file?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
DavidAinsworth
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good morning

Thank you for your assistance reviewing this data, there is a description field which contains these line break characters.

Unfortunately I am not able to create a data extract without this data, I only have the ability of creating this full export file.

Kind Regards

Dave