Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Subscribe Excel copy of a report

Hi All,

One of our clients is in the process of evaluating QlikView and they've asked if it is possible to schedule a report(an app) to go out to a group of users on a nightly basis. I know we can use Publisher for this, but they wanted an Excel version of the report as an attachement in the email that goes out. Is this possible?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes,it is possible to export all the objects in a report into excel

Not applicable
Author

That is not the point, my question is, can we distribute an Excel copy of report to users via email on a daily basis?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peace

QlikView has many features & qualities that are great and I love the product, but if your client's primary requirement is to automate daily emails with Excel attachments to people.then I'd suggest other products are evaluated instead.

If their primary requirement is Business Discovery / BI Dashboarding then QlikView certainly should be evaluated as that is where its strengths lie. 

If auto emailing data in MS Office formats [inc. Excel] is a secondary requirement, then there are 3rd part bolt on products that can do this superbly.  I personally use & like the NPrinting product. but CIA Report Manager is also often mentioned in dispatches.  I expect there are others as well.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Bill, thanks. Email delivery is one of the several requirements. Am i thinking this correct that there is no way to do this in QlikView?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peace

QlikView can at a pinch do email delivery, but I would not say that is one of its strengths and you may well have to write various macros / extensions to bolt onto it to achieve the desired results.

In my purchasing decision making process I personally decided on:

• QlikView for Business Discovery / BI Dashboarding
  • NPrinting 3rd party bolt on for auto-emailing data in various MS Office formats

But I say this with the caveat that this is my personal view and the views of others may well differ.

Why not ask QlikTech Sales to demo QlikView's auto emailing Excel files to you and see what you think, then invite a supplier of a 3rd party bolt on to do the same ?

[Notwithstanding the above I'll repeat from earlier that I believe QlikView to be great for Business Discovery / BI Dashboarding]

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

hello,

I would like to add QV Mail in the list of possible solutions to your problem.

Low-cost solution to distribute QlikView information in a quick and effective way.