Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subtotal Calculation Not Correct

Can someone help me figure out why the subtotal in this pivot chart is not correct? The lines below it are correct but the subtotal should be 837 instead of 800 and I can't see what the problem is.

2015-11-17_123445.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

So it does make sense then

(0.46608409-0.46512778) * 837005 = 800.436251550013

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is your current expression that you are using?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

For example, if your column(9) total is in fact a little larger than shown (i.e. the shown total of 0.4651 is rounded), this might explain the issue.

Also double check the other column values if they are rounded.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's there in the screenshot - Take column 3, subtract column 9, multiply the result by column 1. It works fine except for the total line.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I thought it might be rounding as well but the lower lines are only rounding to the nearest dollar. If the total line is correct, then it's rounding the nearest hundred. But I don't see why or how it would do that.

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha, I feel embarrassed now. Just missed it totally

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Seems to me like number format for col3 and col9 are set to 4 decimal places on number tab. Correct? Try increasing the decimal places shown.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That doesn't make any difference.

2015-11-17_131050.jpg

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I was more interested in seeing col3 and col9 with more decimal places.

sunny_talwar

I think Stefan is right, We are just seeing upto 4 decimal points and the calculation could be taking place upto 14 decimal points here