Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suggest solution for multiple dates value

Hi All,

can anyone suggest me how to showcase different date field based value in one single chart based on year/month/week/quarter??

Show case item count -Issued date

Show case item count -Activationdate

Show case item count -Expireddate

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- em viewing this w.r.t year-month-quarter-week

waiting for valuable solution.

Regards,

Prajna

5 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

It seems that your data model is instance/object based, so you have different facts connected to different dates.

The task that you mentioned above assumes 'event' based model, where there is only one time(date) field and each case/action has type (Issued/Activated/Expired) and common date.

So you can calculate the number of events that have happened on each date.

There is also 'state' based model, where you have the state of each item on each date (assuming that each event connected with item and changes its state).

In this case you can calculate the number of items that have corresponding state on each date.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

can u tell me how to implement this 'event' based model ?

Regards,

Prajna

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Alva ,

It can be that you are going to create a cyclic group with year>quarter>month>week

for each dates and then use them as dimension .

Not applicable
Author

the problem is em not able to write expression to get count w.r.t different dates

can u help me with the syntax?

as the common date is derived from load using resident table as shown in previous post.

I want 3 separate view in a single chart.

Regards,

Prajna

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Load all your data into a floating table containing at least two fields: date, datetype.