Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_johnson
Creator III
Creator III

Sum Problem with Chart

Hi all,

I've got a problem that is making me cry. Below is the entries from a table box for a particular job on my report. As you can see the Total Price fields add up to about 1073.

WIP Est Prob 1.JPG

The problem is that as soon as I try to put this into a chart it multiplies some of the lines by 5:

WIP Est Prob 2.JPG

As you can see, the Total Price field looks ok but the Total Price Sum column (using expression "sum({<[Table Source]={'Res Estimate'}>} [Total Price])")

calcuates the value to exactly 5 times more. Below is a screenshot of the table structure, it's pretty simple:

WIP Est Prob 3.JPG

I'm completely stumped. Does anyone have any ideas I could try? Or any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?

Regards,

Chris

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Chris,

please note that AFAIK the table box will not show duplicate rows.

I assume you indeed have 5 entries in your table where the sum is 5x the single row value (as you stated, not for all Job No / Codes, but for some).

I think you need to get finer detail of your data, e.g. by adding approriate dimensions to your table, to see where these duplicate rows come from. You could also try to use count() to verify that my assumption is correct (e.g. count([Total Price]) )

Stefan

klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Trouble shooting tip:

1. Select one "problem row" in your chart
  2. Identify all data field names on a "problem row" in your chart
  3. Create a table boc containing all the data fields from 2

Your table box will now show which data fields contain multiple values and thereby make you cry

klausskalts
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

.. and then you either:

1. Clean up your data model

or
  2. Change your formula