Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TPoismans
Partner - Contributor III

Sum of rows with different dimension

Hi all

I'm running into the following problem:

I got multiple invoices and on each invoice, I can have multiple invoice lines, each representing an article. Now discounts are seen as an article as well, and have a certain code. Consider the following data:

ZoneCustomerInvoice nr.Discount CodeAmountPrice
XXA12302500750
XXA1231051-33.66
YYB45601000685
YYB4561051-33.66
ZZC78901000685
ZZC7891051-33.66

What I eventually want to accomplish, is the following:

ZoneDiscount CodeCustomerInvoice nr.AmountPrice
XX105A1232500716.34
XX105B1231000651.34
ZZ105C1231000651.34

So basically, I want to ignore the dimension [Discount Code] when making my Sum(Amount) AND Sum(Price).

Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

How about this?

If([Discount Code] <> 0, Sum(TOTAL <Zone, Customer, [Invoice nr.]> {<[Discount Code] = {'0'}>}Amount))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this something you need to do on the front end or back end? If it is front end, you can try this

Sum({<[Discount Code] = {'0'}>}Amount)

for back end, you can try this

Sum(If([Discount Code] = 0, Amount)) 
TPoismans
Author

I need to do this on the front end.

Using that code, the dimension [Discount Code] shifts to 0 as well, while it would still need to show the 105.

The Discount Code '0' means that the article is not a discount. But the invoice can have a discount (Discount Code '105').
I want a table (pivot or straight) where I can see the Region, Discount Code, Customer Nr., Invoice Nr., Sum(Amount) and Sum(Price).

This would tell me on which invoices the discount code 105 was used, the amount they ordered, and the final price they paid, taking the discount into account.

Apologies for not being clear enough.

sunny_talwar

How about this?

If([Discount Code] <> 0, Sum(TOTAL <Zone, Customer, [Invoice nr.]> {<[Discount Code] = {'0'}>}Amount))
TPoismans
Author

This seems to work perfectly.

Could you possibly do a quick explanation how the total and set analysis interact here?

sunny_talwar

Set analysis restrict to show the  Sum of Amount where Discount Code = 0 and TOTAL <Zone, Customer, [Invoice nr.]>  makes it repeat regardless of Discount Code value in the dimension. and then in order to not see the row with Discount Code = 0, use an if statement.