Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhanavindhan
Creator
Creator

Summing

Hi Experts,

I want to calculate the total from previous column and concatenate the same with next column. I don't know how to write expression for this in Qlikview.

Pls help.

In above the KRPUS total voyage is 65. On CNSHA i want to add the previous total and current total. Like 65+22+10=97. How to write the expression for this scenario?

Thanks in Advance,

Dhana R

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I do not properly understand your requirements. Do you mean specifically those three cells? How is that that related to the "total from the previous column" and "the next column". I think more example and a more detailed description might help.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dhanavindhan
Creator
Creator
Author

ok

I just wanted to add the previous (Total Voyage) with Current(Total Voyage)

Example:

in my Previous total voyage i get (65)

Next i add Pilot to Pilot + Steaming + 65 = 97

Like above i wanted to do the calculation. Portcode is the common column for all this.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are the columns individual expressions or a dimension?

(This is why small examples are always helpful).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
dhanavindhan
Creator
Creator
Author

Individual expressions

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no generic "previous" for individual expressions. You will have to identify each cell specifically. If you want more help, I recommend that you post a small sample app with some representative data and the table in question.