Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Supporting tasks help

Hi

I have a windows task i.e .bat file on machine1 and QMC on machine2, where i want to schedule this .bat file through Supporting tasks through QMC. could someone help me in give the script to run this .bat from QMC

Regards

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys ....its resolved ..just giving the path name of .bat file ..nothing else..it worked....

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have a look here for executing a batch-file and maybe create one, too: Is it possible to create a batch file in the Qlikview Script

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Marcus do i need to create any qvw file for this ...I don't want to create any QVW file..i just want to mention the path of the .bat file and want that to be executed...cud u pls help me in mentioning that path,,,,suppose that .bat file exists in C: drive of my machine. so shall i mention the path as ''C:\foldrname\.bat" is this would be ok...in case if that file is on another server ...so in this case ''\\servername\drivename\foldername\.bat" is ok..or is there anything else

john

marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if it's possible without the publisher. Maybe you could use Using EDX in QlikView 11 - basic example but AFAIK this is used to trigger qv externally and not reverse.

I think if this don't worked for you you will have to create a qvw and execute your batches. I do the same and it worked.

- Marcus

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try some thing like this,

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview10\qv.EXE" /R "T:\Documents\Presentation Documents\ Dashboard V1.0.QVW"

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

under the 'external program' option of supporting tasks, you should be able to trigger this. If the bat file is on a different machine, the command line will be to include the servername yes, and you'll need to make sure the service account running your QV services has access to the bat file location on machine 2.

Supporting task.PNG

hope that helps

Joe

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you intend to use Supporting Tasks, that means you do have a Publisher license, don't you? (otherwise no Supporting Tasks or anything else, just Reloads - use Marcus' approach to handle those cases).

The tricky thing is that you seem to want to execute a batch/command file remotely, which cannot be done using just QMC features. Even if you specify the location of the batch file as an UNC-path (e.g. \\machine1\path\batch.cmd) it will still be executed on machine2 if triggered by the QMC.

If it's ok to run this batch file on machine2, copy the batch file over to machine2 and enter its path in the command line Statement field of a new Supporting task. Use double-quotes if the path contains spaces.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys ....its resolved ..just giving the path name of .bat file ..nothing else..it worked....