Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Syntax library

Dear experts,

does anyone know where I can find a syntax library? I just watched a youtube video and a % was used in the script syntax however the person did not mention what it was used for, may I know where to find such a directory?

Kind regards,

Royce

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You would get all of them in the Reference Manual (which comes with product installation) or: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Content/Home.htm

Not applicable
Author

I have tried looking up % in qlikview syntax however I cant seem to find any results

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Using a % in script that you saw could be something - which an expert has demonstrated as his/her best practice tips. May be like you will see most of the qv developers name their variables prefixed by v (like vMySales), so, it's about practice that you may want or may not want to follow; and that doesn't appear anywhere in qlik document. Similarly generally % is used by developers to name a system field in the script HidePrefix, like:

set HidePrefix='%' ;

marcus_sommer

I assume your observed % is part from a fieldname. It's often used to mark a field as a key-field and hasn't a direct relation to the syntax else more to Naming Conventions for Qlikview Scripting.

- Marcus