Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table Header Formatting and Grouping

Dear Expert/Team,

Is there is any way to get below type of group columns header in table(Straight Table).

table_Columns.png

11 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

How is your data constructed? Are you loading your data from a crosstable? Can you send a sample data?

Not applicable
Author

Turnover, Trades and Ratio all are different fields and Columns, Its just represent aspect how u show it just decorative part.

Not applicable
Author

Original is the same as we see in Qlikview Table,

But i want to decorate it so can be more understandable. So if we add some other more Columns its visible Clear.

table_Columns1.png

Kushal_Chawda

Please see the attached

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Appreciate you reply, but what ia have share is just sample of output actual data have lots of Dimension and Expression.

and the group the Columns is also not have any specific fix rules.

table_Columns2.png

Above is actual table but still my main load table have many more columns than this and also all information is not in one table only its relation data Model . here each expression have some specific type of Set Analysis like: few Cloumns show Total and few Columns show Weekly and few Columns show Weekly also some more set analysis associated to this. so when i have to of Columns i required to group cloumns by giving a extra Header name (as shown in example) to its can be more understandable and visible.

That also help me in reducing repeating text in each Columns again and again.

Kushal_Chawda

If you want to achieve this, you have to use pivot table. I think you are using straight table.

If you have pivot table with many expression you just need to create the dummy dimension and drag over expressions, so it will group all the expression

Hope it's clear

Not applicable
Author

You idea is good, but in Pivot table we did not get freedom of sorting by double clicking on columns and many more.

Kushal_Chawda

May be some experts can advice

Not applicable
Author

For the time being i am trying to put background color in cell to Group. that will also help in getting better view