Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table design issues

Hey Guys,

I have tried a lot of different options, but I have not yet found what I'm looking for.

I want to create a table Thats shows the following:

DangerIdLocation nameTypeDanger level
1name1type21.2
2name1type10.4
3name2type20.8

Any rows containing a value for danger level below 0.3 should never be shown.

The DangerId is actually something like 'ASDF-2345-ERGK-2367', but should appear in the table as a unique int (or any more comprehensible identifier).

Then there is a second table, showing the instances that provide the danger.

InstanceIdDescriptionLocation nameType
1description1name1type1
2description2name1type1
3description3name1type2
4description4name2type1
5description5name2type2
6description6name2type2

This table should show all instances that have the same location and type as the selected danger.

I've tried list box, pivot table, straight table and table box, but I can not get this working in any of those.

What tables should I use and how can I connect them to achieve this?

Regards,

Sijmen

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reaction!

However, I only see one table. Combining the tables into one does not solve the problem, because in the real model I have over 500 dangers and over 10000 instances. The resulting table would provide no overview.

I really need the dangers and instances to be in seperate tables. Any suggestions?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not sure you understand the difference between tables in the data model and the sheet objects Table Box, Straight Table and Pivot Table. The data is stored in tables in the data model. You can see these tables by opening the Table Viewer (from the File menu).

Users interact with data using sheet objects like for example Table Boxes, Straight Tables, Pivot Tables and List Boxes.

If you open the Table Viewer you can see that the data in the example is loaded in two tables. There's nothing preventing you from showing this data in as many sheet objects as you need.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry for being unclear. I fixed the problem in the meantime, the syn keys made by qlikview was actually the solution to my sheet object Table linking problem.

Thanks for your help.