Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table with 2 lines just on total (Dimensionality()=0)

I need a help

I created a table with an expression, this table would require 2 total, but as I could not solve this issue, one of a DUAL in IF (dimensionality () = 0) with CHR (13) so that the two totals that must stay in 2 lines. OK, but I'm not getting the TOTAL (dimensionality () = 0) is 2 lines and other expression with 1 only. Using the chart properties, can only all or nothing.

Erro - Multi Line 1.jpg

Erro - Multi Line 2.jpg

tksssss

32 Replies
sunny_talwar

No need for a sorry, I might be wrong here. But as long as the thread is open, we won't know for sure. So, I request the OP to close the thread by marking the correct response or provide more details if the problem is still not resolved.

Best,

Sunny

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

Let me try to explain the above expression,

You said you want to display two total values. Assume them as Total1 and Total2.

For Group (In my example) Total Dimensionality is Zero. So I can written a conditional statement like

If(Dimensionality()=0,'Total1='& Total1’s Exp & Chr(13) & 'Total2=' & Total2’s Exp,

You will have to write a expression in Total1's Exp place and separate expression for Total2 in Total2's Exp place.

For Year - Month Total Dimensionality is One. So I written a conditional statement like,

If(Dimensionality()=1,'Total1='& Total1’s Exp & Chr(13) & 'Total2=' & Total2’s Exp,

Please let me know if I am not clear.

Regards

Harish

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry I am not clear with the above question.

Are you telling you are not able to display the two totals in two different line?

Can you make sure you have the following settings in the Presentation tab,

Capture.PNG

Regards

Harish

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

If you can share you dashboard and image of your expected output it will be very helpful.

Regards

Harish

sunny_talwar

From what I understood, the OP wanted two rows for Total, but a single row for the non-total rows. Something like how maico.sandri‌ shared in the link here Total 3 Line in the PivotTable. I might be wrong, but that's how I interpreted the requirement

sunny_talwar

This one shows three totals for the grand total

Capture.PNG

But in this thread, OP might be looking for 2 rows for each of the sub-totals

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

I agree Sunny. In the example which I have shared only the Totals have two values and the non - totals have single value only.

Regards

Harish

sunny_talwar

They do have single value, but they are still taking double the space. Can you look at my response below. See how we have Header Height of 1 for each cell, yet we see 3 totals? I think that is what the OP is looking for.

Capture.PNG

Unhappy with single row for sub-total when header-height is disabled. But when he enables it, he is happy with header height of 2 for the sub-total, but unhappy with the individual (non-total rows)

Capture.PNG

harishkumarg
Creator III
Creator III

Got it!

Do you have any fix for this Sunny.

Regards

Harish

sunny_talwar

Using harishkumarg‌'s sample, this is what I came up with... This can be further beautified, but I thought that lets just get O/Ps feedback before we make changes to this

Capture.PNG