Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The download of the specified resource has failed error

Hello,

When I try to reload the qvw document that reads data from api tables, I get "Error: The download of the specified resource has failed".This happens only when i load from Qlikview Management  Console portal. When I launch qlikview application and reload this document manually, it runs fine.

I am not sure what might be causing the error when trying to load from Qlikview management console. Any assistance is highly appreciated,

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It seems like the service user starting qlikview service and license lease user has to be the same. That fixed the issue. Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps your qlikview server is not allowed to connect to that website.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I added that site to Trusted zone of IE on that server and I was able to open that site from the server. Is there any other way to check if the server is not allowed to connect to that site?

Thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Are the service accounts the qlikview services run as also allowed to access that server?

nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes- the Service Account are also able to connect to the site from server.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps a tool like wireshark can tell you what's going on. Alternatively use a tool like wget or curl to download the xml file first.

nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

It seems like the service user starting qlikview service and license lease user has to be the same. That fixed the issue. Thanks

pablomind
Creator
Creator

Hi Kalyan, I've been having the same problem trying to loading a table from a sharepoint API. In your answer you said the problem its linked with the user that QMC its using it has to be the same as the one that has access to the web you linking to? qlik qmc.png

Could you tell me if in my case "dsqlikview" its the user that my QMC Service its loggin with and in that case my user in sharepoint need to have the same user?

nadkalyan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Pablo, Thats what worked for us. We set the AD account as user for Qlikview Distribution Service and this same AD account was granted access to sharepoint site. When we loaded Qlikview with that account, the refresh was successful.