Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Too slow in connecting to HIVE Database Tables

Hi All,

I have created successfull ODBC connection for connecting to Hive database.

When i am entering details in qlikview script the connection is getting connected in couple of minutes. After connection when i select "SELECT" option in script it is taking 20 mins to open the tables and after selection on a table, the loading into my script it is again 10 mins.

What would be the reasons for too slow. Can anyone suggest me please.

My ram size is 8GB and 2 processors.

Thanks in advance fernando.tonial‌  wcn‌  bbt‌  gwassenaar‌  hic

-Avinash

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the reason is that your database and/or your network is too slow - especially firewalls, proxys and something similar could slow down the speed heavily.

- Marcus

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Agree with Marcus , also check:

https://community.qlik.com/message/755901#755901

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable
Author

We are experiencing similar issues.  When anyone tries to get data from a Hive ODBC via Data Load Editor, it appears the UI attempts to pull all the data instead of just previewing the first 10 rows.  The Data Load Editor process just hangs.

This is extremely problematic since we have a self-service environment where our end-users connect to the various visible data connections and create their own reports/dashboards.

This is not a database/network too slow.  It appears to me this is a "design" flaw in the process of identifying data to then update the "WHERE" and list of columns in the query to limit the data return.

This is evident due to the rise of Doolyk home   and other products to limit the amount of data is loaded into memory.

Is there any plan to limit the number of rows in the various Qlik Sense Data Load interfaces?