Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Total on only visible columns in straight table

Hi All,

I have a straight table in one of my apps with a column for each month. Dependant on month selections, only the selected months are displayed, using an expression in the conditional show for each column. I need to create a total column at the end of my table that shows the totals for only columns that are visible.

Is there an attribute or function I can use to determine if the column is being shown, or in my total column do I need a nested if statement that essentially repeats the same conditional show logic to total the columns?

I know I get this natively with a pivot table, but the business want full interactive sorting functionality on each column which I believe is lost in a pivot table (can only sort by dimensions and not expressions?).

Thanks,

Rory.

6 Replies
vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

try toatl of rows in expression tab below the expression window.

u have sum of expression option and sum of rows options there. try sum of rows.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vinaykumar,

Thanks for your response.

That gives me a total at the top of the column, I'm looking for a total at the end of the row for the columns that are visible in that row:

Jan   Feb   Mar   Total

1      2       5       8

Thanks,

Rory.

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

in that case u need to create one exp,

in above eg: if jan,feb,mar are exp name

then

create one more exp name Total

=Jan+Feb+Mar

Not applicable
Author

That gives me the total of all the month columns in the table - irrespective of if they are visible or not.

But if I've hidden any of the columns using a condition on the Presentation tab, then I what I want to see is the total of only the visible columns.

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

apply the same condition, which u applied in presentation tab in expression also while calculating the sum.

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

if u not got, please share the presentation tab condition i ll revert.