Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tough Mekko Question - Labels

hi all,

I am trying to make a Mekko Chart with the breakdown of 3 Animal Categories and their subcategories. On the x axis I have Cat, Dog, Horse, and on the Y axis I have 0-100%. Can I make the mekko show the Sub Categories (Poodle, Collie, Dalmation) as the labels instead of the % values??

I have attached a spreadsheet with the values. I really appreciate your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the dual function for this. You also need to enable the Plot Values Inside Segments option on the Presentation tab of the properties window. You do lose the option to format the Y-axis values as percentages though:

comm84019.png

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the dual function for this. You also need to enable the Plot Values Inside Segments option on the Presentation tab of the properties window. You do lose the option to format the Y-axis values as percentages though:

comm84019.png

See attached example.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much - that was brilliant!

I have two follow up questions on this:

1. Is it possible to wrap the labels to fit the chart? I provided a simple sample of my full data so some of the labels are really long and don't fit the boxes.

2. Can you ever do a second drill down to this? As in, if I wanted to drill down into Persian to see the names of the owners, would I be able to do that? The dual function appears to have only one text string and one numerical value.

Thanks again!

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. No. You can enable the legend to show the labels elsewhere or use the left function to truncate the labels. 

2. Create a drilldown group with Subcategory and Customername and use that group as dimension instead of Subcategory.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for your prompt and spot-on help!

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I tried the Dual function, but couldnt get it to work! Im not managing to display the labels in the chart!

Could you please suggest?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Is it possible to display totals on top of 'Cats' , 'Dogs' , etc... when i pick 'show totals' it adds an entire box at the top, which i dont want. I would like to simply show a numeric value.

Thanks for your help.

Prashant