Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger (select in field) to trigger Multiple values as selected in Multi Box

Hi Qlik developers!

I have been stuck in a situation for a while where I'm so close to figuring out a solution for myself but just don't know what small thing I'm missing. Hopefully you guys can help me out...

So, I have a Multi Box where I have field: "PRODUCT" and there are values under the PRODUCT1 which will be seen when you drop down. Imagine PRODUCT1 is the field in the Multi Box 1 and then the following 4 are the values/data under it. Also another Multi Box 2 has a field PRODUCT2 and then it has exactly the same values as PRODUCT1 in Multi Box 1.

Multi Box 1                            Multi Box 2

PRODUCT1                            PRODUCT2

Qlik                                        Qlik                       

QlikCommunity                      QlikCommunity

Qlik View                                Qlik View

Qlik Tech                                Qlik Tech

Now, whatever I select under PRODUCT1 should automatically select equivalent values in PRODUCT2. When I select "Qlik" and "QlikCommunity" together all individually it selects the equivalent in PRODUCT2. Everything is working fine for me but the problem is that as soon as I select "Qlik View", it doesn't pick the equivalent value from PRODUCT2 and same case with "Qlik Tech". So I have concluded that this is because of space in these two values.

Can someone help me figure out a way to achieve this even if there are spaces in values?

Add Action trigger - In "Field" I have put - PRODUCT2 and here is my search string expression - Select In Field trigger for that field

='('&Concat(DISTINCT [PRODUCT1],'|')&')'

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this!!!

Thanks

Vidit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Found the solution!!

Correct answer:  ='("' &Replace(GetFieldSelections(FieldName),', ','"|"') & '")'

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Found the solution!!

Correct answer:  ='("' &Replace(GetFieldSelections(FieldName),', ','"|"') & '")'