Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dena_reavis
Employee
Employee

Troubleshooting Pivot table settings, Shows Dimension columns on Dims that are not selected

I need help troubleshooting a pivot table that is showing dimensions that are not selected. 

Here are somethings I checked and other settings. There are no conditional dimensions. The dimension tab has the Plant Name set to suppress when value is null, but unchecking it doesn't help. The behavior is the same in QlikView desktop as it is in the Access Point. The presentation tab does not have either suppress zero values or suppress missing options checked.  The dimensions are the month/year and a plant name. 

Funny thing is that I created this pivot table from a copy of another pivot that is still working exactly right. I can't figure out what I did to it. 

Any suggestions of things to check would be very helpful. Thank you! 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dena_reavis
Employee
Employee
Author

Aha! Found the cause... one expression was specifically referring to all plants by each name in the set analysis and it didn't need to. I removed that and (like magic) it is fixed! 

Yay Qlik! and, hope this helps someone in the future. I had the plants named in a list in set analysis of just one expression, of 50, like Plant Name = {'A','C','D','E','G'} and I just removed that line of the set. So, look in all the expressions for the particular dimension that isn't responding. Qlik was just doing what I told it to do. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dena_reavis
Employee
Employee
Author

Aha! Found the cause... one expression was specifically referring to all plants by each name in the set analysis and it didn't need to. I removed that and (like magic) it is fixed! 

Yay Qlik! and, hope this helps someone in the future. I had the plants named in a list in set analysis of just one expression, of 50, like Plant Name = {'A','C','D','E','G'} and I just removed that line of the set. So, look in all the expressions for the particular dimension that isn't responding. Qlik was just doing what I told it to do.