Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Turning Chart values into %

Hello,

I'm trying to convert my values seen below in the image into percent.  Of course this should be simple yet its not working for me.  Below you can see the expression format i am using to convert to %.  Any thoughts or ideas? 

If you need more information, I can provide. 

Thank you in advance.

chart.JPG

percent.JPG

10 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Percent of what?  Your expression should evaluate to a value between 0 and 1 for this to work, I think.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jason for getting back to me. 

I'm a newbe to developing so not sure if the item below is what you are asking me.  I have setup different expressions for this chart to work.  So, i'm defining the percent format for the top 3 expressions.

Project: [Project Hours]/[Total Hours]
Operational: [Operational Support Hours]/[Total Hours]
Administrative: [Administrative Hours]/[Total Hours]

Total Hours: =[Administrative Hours]+[Operational Support Hours]+[Project Hours]

Administrative Hours: sum({<[Project Work Level 2]={'Administrative'}>}[Allocated Hours])

Operational Hours: sum({<[Project Work Level 2]={'Operational Support'}>}[Allocated Hours])

Project Hours: sum({<[Project Work Level 2]={'Project'}>}[Allocated Hours])

All Expressions.JPG

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you post your app?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, this may be a dumb question, but what do you mean "post your app"?  If you mean what application we use qlikview for - then its Clarity PPM.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry - I mean can you attach your QVW file to the thread so we can have a look for you?  Is normally much easier than eeking out details one at a time!

Not applicable
Author

On the numbers tab of the chart you can select the expression and click on Show as Percentage.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

@Jason - Unfotunately i don't know an easy way to get to that file.  Although the server is hosted within my company, our application is hosted by Axis and i access it via the web.  So i've been doing my dev work in the myview tab.

But if there is a way to get it and you have the patience to give instructions, i can certainly try.

@sjcharles - isn't that where i am doing the formatting in my screenshot above?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Oh - no idea, sorry.

Not applicable
Author

This is were I am looking.

Stephen

Image.jpg