Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Two tables from different sources show diff

Hi guys,

I tryed this issue yesterday but without of luck. I was thinking I'd make a better thread for better understanding of the issue here. See attached pic.

See attached The two files show exact same values in this case. That is all fine, but they are separate now. I would like to make a 3rd table who only shows the difference if there is any. WHY? Based on that table i'd planning on making a nprinting report.

2 tables from 2 sources 1 from a csv file (counterpart) 1 from my database.

What makes a unique or what I want to group by is

settledate|price|searchname|issell

and

eod_SD|eod_price|eod_Symbol|eod_Side

These fields have to match by a sum on turnover.

Hopefully you get a better understanding on what I want to achieve and seeing the table structure might help. Any suggestions is welcome. It can't be that hard im just to inexperienced with Qlikview to make it work...

1 Reply
v_petrenko
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Niklas, I've made a special QV App for comparing two QVDs with similar structure and locating diffenences between them on a row level. May be it would be a solution for you. Download QVW on this link, sorry for it's comments in russian, sooner or later I'll put it into Resource Library fully in english.

Create QVDs of tables you want to compare, put there paths into variables on Main sheet in the script, reload, and use flags _Qvd01, _Qvd02, _Rows are similar for locating different rows.