Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to change the column size of only 1 dimension in pivot table

Hi,

I am new to QlikView. In my project, I am facing the below problem.

In a pivot table, I am not able to change the width of 1particular dimension. whereas, I am able to increase or decrease the width of all the other dimensions and expressions columns.

Can anybody help me sort this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

Got a solution for this and wanted to share.

Need to uncheck 'Indent Mode' checkbox in style tab of PivotTable. This is the reason I wasn't able to change the column width. Hope this will be helpful for any freshers.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you share a sample where we can see the issue? Alternatively, try using a macro to see if that works or not

Pivot Column Width to Zero

Here the width is set to 0, but set a higher width for the column to see if it works or not

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Are there any options available to fix the column width of a dimension? May I know which tab?  I can find only the wrap text option for dimensions.

sunny_talwar

There are no specific options to do this... you can manual drag the column to increase or decrease size, but this isn't working for you.... or you can use Macro... there is third option to right click and select

'Fit Column to Data' or

'Equal Column Width'

but this will be pre-defined.... but you can try to check if this works or not

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah I tried equal column width option. Other columns are getting changed but, not the dimension column which I need to change.

For Macro I need to ask my senior. let me check that.

If there are any other options please help me with it.

Thank you!

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

As sunny mentioned those are the only options available. But if you can share a small sample I can take a look.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I am unable to share project file.

The concern is, I am not able to extend the width of store_name column.  Whereas, I am able to alter the width of other dimensions and expressions column in Pivot table.

Is this a bug or any other issue with it? Why am I not able to alter a particular column alone?

sunny_talwar

How can we say anything unless we see what you have? Do you have a transparent object on top of your column which is making the resizing impossible? Again, we can't say unless we see it

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Ok. I never faced the issue that you are getting. Did you tried creating a quick sample and see if that is happening ?

Is store_name  is a field from a table or a calculated dimension.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Store_name is a dimension in the pivot table. Not calculated.