Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Understand the parameters of a LOAD

Hi,

I have a file we get from a customer with sales_calculations. That has two sheets which are meant to be appended.

Unfortunately, from one month to the next, the nr. of header_lines in that file can vary - in one month, it's 2, the next it's 3.

So I have to adapt my script from one time to the next.

I'd like to flexibilize that - but to do that, I'd have to understand it first.

I know the parameter I have to flexibilize for the header - that would be easily possible using a variable.

<=> On one of those two sheets, the first numeric value that I need is in line 3, on the other it is in line 4 😉

I load the one from the sheet where it is in line 4 - but mysteriously, the LOAD works fine with a parameter of 2 (verified by an ISNUM() function right afterwards that checks whether I have the right value - right above it is a text. There is nothing else in the LOAD to remove lines.

How can that be?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I would probably make a "test"-load over one column and check which row contained the first or a certain value and use this for the header-variable. Another possibilty which I use for (excel) files with quite unknown data-structure is to read the data-structure before the real load begins: Re: Mehrere Excel-Tabellen laden.

- Marcus