Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understanding the logs

Hi All,

i am trying to caluclate the response time for every dashboard by using the Audit and session logs , for this my approach is

session start (available in session log) -Timestamp (Available in Audit log) , can we condiser this as the response time ?

i am brain storming on :

Do Time stamp in audit logs capture the time when the document is visible to user after he initiated the session by accessing the access point or it will capture the time stamp when an user do some sort of operation(selection,bookmark) on it

kkkumar82marcus_sommerAndreeBauerdenis.legenaRobert_Mikastalwar1stalwar1cleveranjosafdjimhalpertjagantresescokush141087hic

8 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

appreciate your quick response ,but i am not looking at the document analyzer , i am looking for the exact information regarding what Time stamp in Audit log  stores weather it is the time when the document shows up in the access point or is it the time when user do some selections.That information will suffice my requirement

Kushal_Chawda

AFAIK, Session Start in session log is is the time when user logs into the access point. After logging in anything like selections, selecting bookmarks, sheet activation i.e any click event will be captured in Audit log timestamp.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Then How can we calculate the response time for an dashboard

Response Time : The time taken by a dashboard to show up when user selects the dashboard in access point , as per your statement the logic which i am following now do not give correct output ,right?

Kushal_Chawda

I am not sure what could be the correct logic to calculate Response time. I think  when user selects the dashboard only that timestamp is captured in the log, I don't think so the time dashboard takes to load is captured in the log.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes even i think so , if you have access to logs in your company can you check ?

marcus_sommer

You couldn't get with the timestamps from the audit-logs the response-times of an object - you will get only the time when a user had started an action like selecting values/object/sheets and so on.

If you want to look for the response-times you will need to export and analyse the mem-files, see: Recipe for a Memory Statistics analysis.

- Marcus

Kushal_Chawda

I am sure that, Dashboard response time will not be there in any logs. Perhaps you can see the below for more details on logs in which you will get the definition of Each and every field of the logs

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.0/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView%20Server/QVSRM_Logging....