cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Up/Down arrow based on pivot table which is using Valuelist

I have pivot table something as below. I want to show UP/Down arrow next to each of the measures. So the condition is if measure >=0 then UP Arrow(In Green) and if the measure is less <0 then DOWN arrow(In Red).

Since I have been using Valuelist here I am not sure how to achieve this here.

Please help me out to achieve this.

Pivot Table.jpg

26 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Share Sample data and app...  because for creating in script we need data & reload it accordingly.

Mention or plot in excel what ever required.

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

How's this, I think it covers all of your requirements... (see attached qvw).

• The up/down arrow is in a separate column from the values
  • The up/down arrow is coloured green/red  while the value is not
  • The column names for the arrow columns are hidden

I ended up storing the expressions in variables, otherwise the expressions used for the arrows/colours would be unreadable. I'm still not really behind this solution, I think it would be a lot simpler to do what I originally suggested and create expressions for the arrows instead of adding them to the dimension list, or to do what HirisH suggested and calculate everything in script.

I hope this is what you were looking for. I can help you change the colours of the arrows if you'd like but I think other than that if this still doesn't fully cover what you were looking for I'm tapping out of this one.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks lot for your help let me check it out and will keep you posted on the same...

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks a ton this is working perfectly. 

Major issue here is I am unable to adjust the width of dimension and measure separately. 

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Yeah I tried fixing this as well but couldn't find a solution for it. Problem is that the arrow column and the value columns are both the same dimension so it is only possible to set 1 column width (and I don't think you can base the column width on an expression).

Glad it's working though.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes everything else works except the width issue, due to which I may not be able to release it ☹️

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

As HirisH suggested I think we may have to get it done at the script level to overcome the width issue as we can do it in straight table i much simpler way...