Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use of Alerter

Hi All,

I want to use Alerter functionality of Qlikview.

My Requirement is like this,

I have one input box  that sets a variable vInput, if the value of vInput is greater than 20 then it has to  show an alert.

Regards,

Vivek

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vivek,

In the InputBox properties > Constraints tab, select your variable, click on 'Custom' and type: IsNum($) and $ >= 0 and $ <= 20, then check the flag 'Error Message' and type your custom warning message.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your response. It is working but can we do this using Tools->Alerts ?? 

Not applicable
Author

Vivek,

Yes you can do that from the Alerts.

But you'll need to write a macro in your qvw (that you can find in the API Guide under Automation Examples > member PerformAlertAction, just write it as it is within a "sub...end sub"), then you'll set the trigger under Settings > Document Properties > Triggers > Variable Event Triggers > select your variable > OnInput > add the action RunMacro from type External and type your macro sub name in the field.

Though, I believe the first solution is simpler unless you have a reason to do it from macro.