Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use the Cal

Hello, I Need of their help, please, we have a QlikView Server with 10 CAL, but we have 10 license type analyzer and 3 license professionals. ¿we can use the 13 it licenses concurrently?. Thanks.

6 Replies
GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

If you work only with QVServer .. you will have only 10named users ...

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

You have got 10 CALs means, you can have 10 concurrent sessions acessing QV Server at a time. It doesn't matter, whether you are accessing it from a Developer/Professional/Analyzer. The other 13 licenses (10Analyzer+3Professional) can be used to open files locally. This won't consume the CAL. CALs are only for accessing server files and no way dependent on any other license you got.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, am I clear, but do I have another question, for that more than 10 users running QlikView Servers from the browser, concurrently .¿ I should buy more licenses analyzer?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, first of all you don't need any Analyzer license to access qlikview documents in server. You can use the Free Analyzer to open documents from server, provided that you have CAL (Client Access License). I'll list out some points regarding Analyzer.

Normally, the Analyzer comes as free. Needs no license.

This free Analyzer won't be able to open local documents. Only server documents it can open.

If you have a CAL, you can connect to server, using the above free Analyzer, consuming the CAL.

Once you consumed the CAL, the free analyzer gets the functionality of a licensed Analyzer, and you will be able to open local documents.

This functionality will go off after 14 days, since the last communication is made to server, and will be renewed every time a new connection is made.

Go for the licensed Analyzer, if you want to use it only for opening the local qvw files.

So the answer for your question is: You need more CAL if you want more than 10 users to connect to the server, not analyzer license. Also, you are talking about accessing from browsers. For that you need 'Analyzer Plugin', not Analyzer. Analyzer Plugin doesn't have a licensed version. It's always free. But Keep, in mind, you still need CAL to open documents in server, even if you got a Developer License.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks again, please, you could tell me if I can deleted a CAL without having to wait the 24 hrs., I need to CAL and for not knowing it I didn't deleted before.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

You can't delete a named cal without waiting 24 hours. It's just a rule of the server.

You can assign the named cal to a specific user though.