Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

User has different data

Hello,

One user called us today and on his screen, the app didn't have the same look on his side, on the access point, like if it was not reloaded (the data was only from past months and the current month's data was non-existant).

On the access point, on our side, we had the same "Last Update" showing as his, and the current month's data was available. We are pretty sure it's the same document because there are only 2 published in that access point category.

There is no access right matter here, or he would have access to no data at all.

Do you know what could cause that? We thought of something related to cache, but clicking "remove last document state" didn't solve the issue.

Thank you

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Section access not allowing this user to data from Feb?

If not, browser cache? It's not frequent but it can happen, specially if there are proxies between the QlikView server and the user's computer.

Before removing the cache, tell the user to open the app using a different browser and confirm whether or not the updated information is displayed.

EDIT: "Remove last document state" removes session data in the QlikView server, but not the web contents cached in either the user browser or any intermediate proxies.

emmanueld
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Miguel Angel. Your answer confirms what I thought : either cache or security. I think the cache possibility may be ruled out because he has the same behaviour on a different browser.

I'll look into section access, though I don't understand yet how current month is different from the other months from that point of view.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Section access can use the data in the QVW app to reduce what the user can see. It can be applied to any field existing in the data model. If for any reason a user is supposed to see January but not February, the section access table will contain a reduction field referring to this date, and specifying what every user can see.

More things to explore: is Session Recovery set in your server QMC? Also is the user creating bookmarks for his session and applying those? What happens if a new application is created and reloaded? Could there be triggers in the application that select what the user can see (e.g.: OnOpen, OnPostReload...)