Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Block Graphic

Hello everyone,

I am using a Block Graphic to show the gender of employees, but i am with a problem: it always shows the higher value in the left, as you can see below:

gender.JPG

When i apply a filter, where Female is higher, it moves to the left hand side, as you can see below:

gender2.JPG

Is there a way that i can set the values always in the same position?

I need to show Male always in the left hand side, and Female always in the right hand side.

If is not possible, what type of graph should i use to do that?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can you provide a sample qvw?

Not applicable
Author

idea

you could possibly use set analysis and have 2 expressions - one for male and one for female

have 1 chart for each and palce accordingly

having a sample qvw will help

what about changing the sort to be Text, Z to A  (diemsnion)

avinashelite

its the sorting issue:

Go to chart properties>Sort> un-check on the numeric value sort > have check on the Text>Z to A

Not applicable
Author

I think Block Charts doesn't have the sorting tab in the Chart Properties.

At least i am not finding.

Not applicable
Author

you are correct - what about 2 block charts side by side - using set analysis - one for male and one for female

or possibly 1 block chart with 2 expressions using set analysis - do not use block charts a lot myself

a sample qvw will help as well

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Attached is the qvw and xls.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

see updated version - made a copy of your block chart but display as a table and removed all of the lines - sorted from Z to A - you can then place your images above the table

this is one way to do it

did not look at all of the code so not sure how you are getting percent but set analysis for just male and then female can work as well

you can also do something similar using set analysis with text boxes and alsways having the male on the left and the images above

Not applicable
Author

Rodrigo

since block charts can only ahve 1 expression, I suggest you look at something like the table method, text boxes, using set analysis to ensure that one expression will always have a male count and the other expression will have the female count