Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Bookmarks as Variables?

Hi all,

First post and I'm really hoping some one can help. I have a document that I wish to give to users. What I would like is for them to be able to create bookmarks and then using an input box, add/amend the Boookmark Name or ID as a variable which will then amend an expression in a table I have created for them.

Really looking for any input you can give on this as I've tried varied formatting and bits to get this to work but no joy so far.

Is this possible? and if so how?

Thanks in advance
Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

You have to create multiple bookmarks (i have created one more for ID) and input that in the input box. If the bookmark name matches, it will show the result accordingly. PFA

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

Not sure if I understood you correctly.

But, if you want a bookmark to save input field values then while creating a bookmark, check the option "Include Input feiled Values".  Also, you can refer to the following posts:

http://community.qlik.com/message/204920

http://community.qlik.com/message/330981

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shyamal,

Not quite what I was looking for. Its more the other way round. I want to use a BookMark reference as a variable.

So in theory, I want to make some selections, Save a BookMark for those selections, and then be able to put the BookMark ID in an input box as a variable to call in a chart expression later on.

I hope that makes more sense?

Andy

tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like this? PFA

Not applicable
Author

Ok got it.

So you can create a bookmark say BM_test having some selections.

Then create a variable say vBookmark_test having value/definition as BM_test and then use this vBookmark in any expression you want.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Similar, but I'm looking for a list of IDs, so that I can have multiple BookMarks to work with something like the attached, which does not work. I have added a basic table with the formula I'm trying to create to your qv doc.

Thanks

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi

maybe bookmark object can help you

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You have to create multiple bookmarks (i have created one more for ID) and input that in the input box. If the bookmark name matches, it will show the result accordingly. PFA

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco, 

That was perfect thanks. I'm not sure what was new but I transferred it over to my doc and renamed the BookMark field and everything slotted into place.

Thank you so much for your help.

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Behnaz,

Whilst not what I was looking for, I'd forgotten about these and they might be useful for the users. Pretty buttons are always better than using the tool bar above!

Andy