Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Calculated Dimension to create a key value

Hi all,

This is my first time posting and I have only been using QlikView for the past week so please bear with me as I try to post this question correctly.

I am loading a table with multiple columns of data such as "Account", "Cost Center", "GL Period", etc.  For one report that I am trying to duplicate in QlikView to replace our access report I need to create a Key field which in Excel would be a concatenate function of fields "Cost Center", "-", "Account".  I have tried to use the following calculated dimension formula:

=[MAPPED Modified CC] & '-' &[Modified Acct]

It almost works. For instance if my first field was 11-111111-1111, and my second field was 222222, I would expect to see would be: 11-111111-1111-222222, instead it returns -222222.  I think I am probably making a syntax error in my formula, but I do not know what it is that I am doing wrong.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ginny

2 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you post a sample, for me , its working correctly..

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for answering Mayil.  When I went in to get the information to post a sample, it is now working.  Maybe I needed to refresh something???  So sorry to have bothered you with it.