Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Date Variables in Set Analysis

I have a set analysis expression with two variable, Date, and Forecast.

=sum({<Date={'7/31/2011'}, Forecast={'Actual'}>}AvgBalance)

I am trying to use a more flexible expression for the Date variable.  Essentiall I want the date to be the most recent with an Actual value.

I have tried using a sql select statement to create a new variable named CurrentDate in the load:

sql select MAX(date) as CurrentDate from graph_data where Forecast = 'actual';

This works fine and the value of CurrentDate is correct.  But when I try to add this new variable to the set analysis, it doesn't work:

=sum({<Date=CurrentDate, Forecast={'Actual'}>}AvgBalance

Is this possible?

I have also tried to get a date based off of today() function.  Using Date(MonthEnd(Today(), -1)'MM/DD/YYYY') I can a date I can live with.

However if I substitute this expression into the set analysis for '7/31/2011' it will not work.

=sum({Date={'(MonthEnd(Today(),-1)'MM/DD/YYYY')}, Forecast={'Actual'}>}AvgBalance

In reading past posts this may not be working due to MonthEnd() adding time onto the value.

If I try a if(CurrentDate = Date, 'True', 'False') or substitute the expression above for CurrentDate I do get a True value for Date 7/31/2011, so they do equal in this expression.

Any Advice?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I can't seem to get the Today function to work inside a Set statement.

I have the following statement, which works fine if I hard code an actual date in it, but I want to show a rolling 10 weeks of data in my chart.

=avg({$<[MI Date]={'>=today()-70'}>}[DS_TotalScore])

If anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong, I would greatly appreciate it!

GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

Try
={">=$(=Today())"} >}

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gabriel...I can get there to work, but it doesn't work when I put in -70 in the forumla to look back 70 days.

Here's what I have now:

=avg({$<[MI Date]={">=$(=Today()-70)"} >}[DS_TotalScore])

Do you see anything wrong?