Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using colours to differentiate values

I need to use 2 colors to differentiate on a chart when change the value of a dimension compared to the previous value. Is it possible to leave it as shown in the picture?

Usually i do these things using a macro in Excel but this time i need it in Qlikview.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This one seems to be trickier than it should be...never the less I have a possible solution:

The only soloution I could come up with I'm affraid is more script based and isn't 100% robust but may well be of use - look at the script and the Dimension BackGround colour and I'm sure you'll be able to decode it.

File attached.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You could try this expression for the background of your Dimension Terminal -> if (Name = aaa,YELLOW(), BLUE()).

You need to modify the above expression a bit, but its around this...please try

Mama

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

This one seems to be trickier than it should be...never the less I have a possible solution:

The only soloution I could come up with I'm affraid is more script based and isn't 100% robust but may well be of use - look at the script and the Dimension BackGround colour and I'm sure you'll be able to decode it.

File attached.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Excelent Matt, i was wondering if would be necesary something similar using autogenerate, but your solution is perfect and very useful.

Thanks!!