Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using multiple data sets simultaneously

I'm still getting to grips with Qlikview, but run up against a bit of a brick wall here.

I have two data sets - one tracks all UID logons onto a system, whilst another tracks all the registered UIDs.  What I want to do is to work out the percentage of logons out of the total registrations.  I have loaded both data sets as separate tables in qlikview, and thought I would be able to set it up so that if you selected "Office" as a section in the logon sheet, it would equally select office in the registration sheet.  Then I would see a total from each sheet, and could just divide one by the other to show what percentage of that particular grade/office/department had logged on during the selected time period.

However, all of my searches for linking data across sheets only seems to talk about using a single data set.  Am I going about this the wrong way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

In order to create a link between then, your datasets (tables) should have fields with same name,

Into your example, if you have a field called Office into your UID logons and Office into your registered UID, QlikView kindly will create a key linking your tables

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

In order to create a link between then, your datasets (tables) should have fields with same name,

Into your example, if you have a field called Office into your UID logons and Office into your registered UID, QlikView kindly will create a key linking your tables

Not applicable
Author

Ah, I hadn't realised that - thanks very much!