Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julesjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III

Variable in Set Analysis

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to fix this expression.

=Count( {$<$(ROIC)= '{">=1} >} Distinct [Part_Number])

I would like to count the number of parts where the variable ROIC" is greater than 1, for example.

Thanks,

16 Replies
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Is the variable ROIC a single value or a list?  Please hlep me understand what you're trying to do.

julesjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jason,

It is a calculated value derived from Profit/ Investment.

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Ok, so it's a static value?  Is it always > 0?

julesjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jason,

It is calculated so no, not static. Yes, there is a possibility that it can be negative.

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Thank you.  Do you have a field associated with the variable (ROIC)?  It looks like you're using set analysis to create a data set using ROIC, but I don't see a field that can be >=1 in your expression.  In other words, the variable can be >=1, but the variable isn't linked to a field the correlates to the Part Number.  If you have the field, I might be able to help with the expression.

julesjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jason,

I am not sure I get what you are asking.

What I am attempting to do is say count the number of parts where the calculation for ROIC > 1.

In the following example, the number returned should be 2. 

Part #DescriptionROIC
z45Crank-2
x25Lever5
f85cover0
h85line1.2
jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Ok, that makes more sense.  ROIC isn't a variable, it's a field. 

Try this: count({<ROIC={'>=1'}>} Distinct Part_Number)

Of course, the result will depend on what dimension you use.  Using your example, I would use Description.

julesjohnson
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that did not work.  ROIC is a variable so the $ expansion will need to be added.  It is also a field in a table, but I would like to create buckets for a graph where the fields in the table will not be used. 

jcampbell474
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry about that.  Will this work: count({<ROIC={">=$(ROIC)"}>} Distinct Part_Number)