Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Varience Expression

How could I create an expression for the variance that would solve this?  I need to show it in the bar chart with Year-Quarter as Dimension and it has data up to 2010 totally i need to show 24 bars in the variance chart ,This is the equation we currently use in excel: for variance calculation (Q3 2015-Q3 2014)/Q3 2014. can any one help me on this?

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan mohan , I have used this in the chart expression and it is working fine. however when I select specific year it is not showing any data. could you Please help me on this why it is behaving like that.

regards

John !

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

This expression will fetch based on the values in the chart, if you select Year you just have four quarters so you won't get values.

To achieve this you have to calculate in script and then load data.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan , I tried it at the script level but I didn't get the output as required, could you please guide me on this how do I get it done at back end script

Procedure I followed :

I have calculated the Current year sales and Last year sales as two different fields but the values are not matching with sales , means

I loaded the data directly from the excel sheet and I took the results for 2015 Q2 and 2014 Q2 , then I have calculated the Current year sales and Last year sales fields there values are not matching with the 2015 Q2 and 2014 Q2. because

I have ID, in the present year it may exists in the previous year and it may not exist in the previous year, lets say

ID 5 exist in the Previous year but not in the Current year at that time if user selects current year [2015 ] for ID 5 , year 2015 we didn't have sales In the current year but not in the previous year , on this scenario I failed. please help me on this how do I get it work.

Best regards

John