Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visual Cues - Possible to combine two cues with opposing target directions?

Is there a way to use the same colors for metrics that have almost opposite >= and <= criteria?

Please see the attached .qvw file. I think the visual is clear.

If there is a way to do this besides visual cues, please let me know.

Thank you!

Negated Challenge

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check the document attached.

I've added the conditions for custom colors into a table that links to the metrics.

And instead of using the visual cues, i've set the background color expression for the metric_value (expand metric_value in the "Expressions" tab of the properties).

Now there's one issue which seems to still exist in QV11, which is that the label of your column will also be colored as the first cell.

One way around it is to add the Partial Sums in the "Presentation" tab with Subtotals on Top and add the "RowNo() <> 0" condition in the expression.

This was suggested i.e. in the following post:

http://community.qlik.com/message/86447#86447Pivot Table Expression Label - Background Colour

In addition, if this doesn't work out for you, i've added another way which is to set a built-in picture in this customized table and use it in a new column "Status"; in this way you'll still have your columns labels uncolored and still get the status of your line.

Hope this helps you!