Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

When i export the data from Pivot table into excel sheet

Hi All,

I have one requirement that when i export the data from a pivot table from qlikview to excel. Is there any way the output in the excel also be a pivot format of the data. Thanks for your help in advance.

12 Replies
suepenick
Creator
Creator

After struggling with this, this seems to be the easiest solution.  If it is in an expression - the number formatting seems to work from the properties.  But if there is a number in a dimension in a pivot table, when exported to excel it thinks it is text...

Solution  in the load script multiply by 1 to force QV to assume this is a number.

example:

if(itemno='123456', 1,0) as MyItemFlag,

You will do this all the time - and you may want to sum the flag in the dimension field on export, but it thinks the 1 is text.,

type it

if(itemno='123456', 1*1, 0*1) as MyItemFlag,

when you export to excel, the 1's and zeros are numbers.

so if you have a project number field

ProjNo *1 as ProjectNo,

should do the Trick

I have tried constantly to have a displayed dimension be exported to excel as a number, and the only time it leaves it a number is if on load, QV thinks it is really a number (like an expression, where the data comes from is formatted as a number, or dates) - so you have to force it to think it's a number...the Num#(... stuff just doesn't seem to work on load or in the expression for exporting to excel- it does seem to work when displaying it in the charts though.

suepenick
Creator
Creator

Macros don’t work in Publisher/Refreshing from the server automatically.